Posted on August 23, 2014 at 1:40 pm by designershut / microsoft, microsoft security essential, microsoft security essential for windows vista, microsoft security essential for windows xp, security essential for windows 7 / 0
Five months after the release of MSE v 2 Beta version, Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0 final version is now avaiable for download.
If you are already a user of MSE, you will probably get a notification prompting you to update. If you are not, you might just want to check out this most popular free, award-winning anti-virus software offering from Microsoft.
- Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0 features a new anti-malware engine with enhanced detection and clean up capabilities, better Windows Firewall integration, Internet Explorer integration to block malicious scripts even before Internet Explorer can start running them, a behavior monitor, an option to limit CPU usage while scanning, etc.
Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0 has the following new features:
- – Windows Firewall integration: Microsoft Security Essentials setup enables you to turn on or off Windows Firewall.
- – Enhanced protection for web-based threats: Microsoft Security Essentials now integrates itself with Internet Explorer to provide protection against web-based threats.
- – Network Inspection System: This feature of MSE enhances real-time protection by inspecting network traffic to help proactively block exploitation of known network-based vulnerabilities.
- – New and improved protection engine: The updated MSE engine includes a Heuristic Scanning Engine and offers enhanced detection and cleanup capabilities along with better performance.
Microsoft Security Essentials is free for home users and Small & Medium Businesses and works on Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
Visit: Microsoft Security Essentials Home Page for downloads.