Microsoft has made its award winning free antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)available to download in 33 languages, from Bulgarian to Vietnamese and Hungarian to Japanese.
Minimum system requirements for running Microsoft Security Essentials:
- – For Windows XP, a PC with a CPU clock speed of 500 MHz or higher, and 256 MB RAM or higher.
- – For Windows Vista and Windows 7, a PC with a CPU clock speed of 1.0 GHz or higher, and 1 GB RAM or higher.
- – VGA display of 800 × 600 or higher.
- – 200 MB of available hard disk space.
- – An Internet connection is required for installation and to download the latest virus and spyware definitions for Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Internet Browser:
- – Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or later.
- – Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or later.
MSE also supports Windows XP Mode in Windows 7. Go here for more information on system requirements for Windows XP Mode in Windows 7.
Go here to download MSE in your preferred language.
Important: Your PC must run genuine Windows to install Microsoft Security Essentials.